Names for Tabby Cats
Looking for names for tabby cats? Are you in need inspiration? Here you will find a few suggestions.
Most of the tabby cat names listed below can be used for both female and male cats. A few of them are for girl cats (i.e. Cindy). Others work better for male kitties.
Before you choose a name for your tabby cats, consider your cat’s personality. Sometimes we pick a name and it doesn’t match our kitty’s temperament.
And don’t feel that you have to select a name solely based on your cat’s physical traits. My two cats are tabbies and their names – Max and Mia – have nothing to do with their coat pattern.
Tabby cat names
I hope you enjoy this list of names for tabbies.
- Ash (for gray tabbies)
- Ashes (for gray tabbies)
- Blotchy (after the blotched tabby pattern)
- Candy Cane
- Mackerel (one of the tabby patterns)
- Rayas (Spanish for stripes)
- Silverado (especially for silver tabbies)
- Tabis (French word from which the word Tabby originates from)
- Tigger (great for orange tabbies)
- Tigre (Spanish for tiger)
- Tick Tock (for ticked tabbies)
- Ticky (for ticked tabbies)
Interested in tabbies?
Tabby is not a breed. It's not even a color. Tabby refers to a coat pattern, which may consists of stripes, swirls, and spots. The tabby pattern also occurs in several colors, including silver and red (orange). For more information, check out the following pages:
Looking for something?
Leave Names for Tabby Cats and return to Cat Names
Return to the Home Page of Cat Lovers Gifts Guide