Automatic Cat Litter Box Information
There are many advantages to owning an automatic cat litter box. The most important one is that you no longer need to scoop kitty poop.
Cleaning the litter box is one of those chores you cannot avoid.
And with cats being so fastidiously clean, you have to clean the box regularly. Some cats may even go outside when confronted with a dirty litter box.
Besides, keeping the litter box clean will keep bad odors away. It is, in other words, the hygienic thing to do.
So yes, cleaning the litter box is a must. But let’s face it: scooping up kitty poop is no fun. Luckily, there is an alternative to traditional litter pans. Thanks to the advent of the automatic litterbox, you can forget about this daily chore. Isn’t that great?
An automatic litter box offers other benefits, including:
- No direct contact with litter
- In fact, some units don't use litter
- Waste disposal is easier
- Reduces/contains odors better
- Controls dust
- Great if you have to be away from home for a long period of time
- Large boxes are a great solution if you have multiple cats
How do automatic cat litter boxes work?
Most automatic cat litter boxes use motion detectors or sensors to determine when you cat enters and leaves the litter box. Once your cat exits the litter box, an electric rake will riff through the litter and it will collect and dispose the waste.
Benefits v. cost
As I said previously, the main advantage of owning an automatic litterbox is that you no longer have to scoop kitty poop. It’s all done for you! An automatic cat litter box will also:
- Simplify your life
- Help you reduce boring chores
- Help you keep your home tidy and odor free
All these benefits are great. But they do come with a hefty price. Many of these fancy litter boxes cost between $100 to $350 dollars. To many cat owners, spending a little on an automatic litter box is worthwhile. However, if your budget is limited, you may find less expensive units for under $100. Some cost even less than $50.
Let me also point out that most automatic units come with a guarantee. This is a good feature in case the unit is defective and you need to return it or replace it. Make sure you understand the terms of the guarantee, for example: what it covers, when it expires, etc.
Before a cat will condescend
To treat you as a trusted friend,
Some little token of esteem
Is needed — like a dish of cream.
~ T. S. Eliot
Other Factors to consider
Before you buy an automatic litter box, consider the following:
Will kitty like the new box?
Big or small?
- Some cats don’t like noises. If your kitty is one of them, choose a litter box with a mechanism that generates little to no sound.
- If you have multiple cats, consider buying a large box or one that is designed for multiple cats.
- Most cats like to do their business in private. Fortunately, most automatic litter boxes come with a hood, or you can buy it separately. If, on the other hand, your cat does not like confined spaces, then buying an uncovered litter box would be the best choice.
Automatic litter boxes come in different sizes. You should choose a box that is big enough for your cat (or cats). The box you select should also fit comfortably in the space where you will place it.
Do you need to buy additional items?
Determine whether you need to buy litter, liners and/or waste disposal bags. Some electric litter pans do not require you to buy cat litter or filters. The less items that are required, the more you'll save.
Automatic Litter Box Store
Are you ready to choose an automatic litterbox? Not sure where to start? This section has some of the most popular electric/automatic litter boxes in the pet market. Browse through them and see if any of them meets your needs.
These items are brought to you in affiliation with Amazon.com.
Choose a Covered Automatic Litterbox for Privacy
Uncovered Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
More pages of interest
I hope that the information found in this article helps you choose the right automatic litterbox for your kitty.
Leave Automatic Cat Litter Box and go to the Home Page of Cat Lovers Gifts Guide
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.