A Cat Movie is an Entertaining
Cat Lover Gift!
A cat movie is a fun gift for cat lovers. You will find a few gift ideas and some of your favorite cat movies here.
You'll also learn about famous cats in movies.
Carefully selected cat-themed movies and cat DVDs will certainly delight any cat lover, particularly those cat lovers who love movies and collecting them.
This section brings you great movie ideas. You’ll find a few suggestions for your feline friends, too!
Tips and gift ideas
- Gift sets are very popular these days and you can find special editions of popular cat-themed movies and TV series. If your cat-loving friend loves cartoons you can find great collector’s editions of beloved cat cartoons such as Felix the Cat and Garfield. See below for more ideas.
- Cats! the Musical, by Andrew Lloyd Webber, is a wonderful gift for fans of this Broadway hit. You can get the DVD or the CD with the soundtrack only. Better yet, give both!
- You can include one of your friend’s favorite cat-inspired movies in a gift basket.
- Give a set of funny cat movies. Garfield movies make a good choice for fans of this orange cat.
- What if you can’t decide which movie to give? Gift certificates are a good alternative. Let your friend pick his or her favorite cat DVD.
- You could also include a movie for your friend’s kitty! Indeed, there are many cat DVDs especially made for cats.
Movies you can find on DVD
Looking for a good cat-themed movie? Here's a partial list of some popular cat movies. There's something for everyone!
The Aristocats (1970)- This is a Disney classic cat movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. It tells the story of Duchess and her three kittens: Marie, Berlioz and Toulouse. Their adoring mistress has just decided to leave most of her fortune to them. Edgar, the butler, has a plan to get rid of Duchess and the kittens so that he can get his hands on the money. Great fun for kids and adults. Highly recommended.
Felix the Cat movies- Felix is one of my favorite cartoon characters. Felix the Cat movies make a great gift idea for Felix the Cat fans who are also serious collectors. There are many collections out there. Some include the earliest Felix the Cat movies such as Feline Follies, Felix Saves the Day and Felix in Hollywood. You can also find DVD collections of Felix the Cat’s TV series.
That Darn Cat (1997)- This Disney feature is an entertaining cat movie starring Cristina Ricci and Doug E. Dog. Pattie Randall (played by Cristina Ricci) joins forces with her faithful cat D.C. (a.k.a that Darn Cat) to unravel a mysterious kidnapping in her neighborhood. Great fun for the entire family. You can also find an older version (1965) starring Hayley Mills. The original feature was based on Undercover Cat, a book by Gordon Gordon and Mildred Gordon.
Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in The Hat- A great gift idea is The Cat in The Hat Original Television episode (1971). This is a great animated adaptation of this beloved character. You can also give the movie version starring Mike Myers (2003).
The Cat From Outer Space (1978)- Another great family cat movie. This is the story of Jake, an extraterrestrial cat that needs to find his way home. Great cast: Roddy McDowall, Jessie White and Hans Conried.
Garfield: The Movie (2004)- This theatrical version is good for small children who enjoy Garfield’s antics. There are many other Garfield made-for-TV movies as well as TV series episodes and specials now on DVD. This is also a great choice for die-hard Garfield fans.
Cats Don’t Dance (Animated)- A great story about Danny the cat, an aspiring actor and dancer, determined to prove that cats do dance! Filled with drama, comedy and lots of music. Great fun!
As you can see, there are many options to choose from. You will surely find the right cat DVD to give as a gift.
This article has more info about cats in the movies.
Books about cats in the movies
Famous cats that have appeared in movies include Felix the Cat, Garfield and The Cat in the Hat. To learn more, check the books below.
Books of movie cats make a unique gift for cat lovers who enjoy cat movies and reading.
Here are some suggestions:
- The Cat in the Hat Official Movie Book by James Greenberg.
- The Cat in the Hat: The Movie (Interactive Sound Book) by Susan Rich Brooke
- Movie Cats by Susan Herbert
Entertainment for your furry friends:
Who said your kitty can’t enjoy a good movie? Here’s a list of some videos that will keep your kitty entertained for hours!!!
- Video Catnip DVD by Pet Avision Inc: One of the best made-for-cats videos. Lots of action and sounds of birds, squirrels and mice.
- Cat Sitter DVD- Entertaintment for your kitty.
- Feathers For Felines Double Bill Creature Feature DVD: Episode 1 & Special Edition videos/cat toys for cats- Each video contains sounds and actions of birds. Great fun for your kitty!
- Curiosity Thrilled the Cat (DVD)- Lots of images and sounds.
Cats in movies: a partial list
If you love movies in which cats are the stars, you might enjoy the following list of movie cats. Who knows, maybe you’ll find a little gem of a movie you might like for yourself or to give as a fun gift.
- Felix the Cat (Feline Follies, Felix Saves the Day, Felix in Hollywood)
- Puss in Boots (Shrek, Puss in Boots-The Movie)
- The Cheshire Cat (appeared in the movie version of Alice in Wonderland)
- Figaro (Pinocchio)
- Oliver and Company (Oliver)
- Si and Am (Lady and the Tramp)
- Lucifer (Cinderella)
- Sylvester (A Streetcar named Sylvester)
- Jake (The Cat From Outer Space)
- Milo (The Adventures of Milo and Otis)
- Duchess (Babe)
- Miss Kitty (Batman Returns)
- Garfield (Garfield the Movie)
- The Cat in the Hat
- Top Cat & Co (Top Cat)
Cats on TV
TV cats are very popular. Cartoons, TV movies, specials… Cats can be found everywhere on the small screen. Here’s a partial list of beloved TV felines…
Cats in movies
Cats the Musical
Leave Cat Movies and Return to Cat Videos
Return to the Home Page of Cat Lovers Gifts Guide
- Salem the Cat (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch)
- Felix the Cat
- Eek! The Cat
- Top Cat
- Tom (Tom and Jerry)
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.