Cats in Movies
Wondering about the influence of cats in movies? There are, indeed, quite a few cat movies out there. In fact, there are basically two types of cat movies. There are the movies in which cats are the stars. And then there are the movies in which cats play a supporting role.
So, who are these Hollywood kitties? Here’s a fun list of cats in the movies:
- Felix the Cat. He was one of the most beloved movie stars of his era. He appeared in many films, including Feline Follies (1919) and Felix Saves the Day (1922).
- The Cat in the Hat. Dr. Seuss’ unusual feline has starred in his own movies, both on the big screen and on TV.
- Duchess, Thomas O’Malley, Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse. These are the protagonists of Disney’s classic The Aristocats (1970).
More feline movies
Here are other movies in which cats appear:
- A Cat’s Tale (2008). A fun movie with an all-cat cast.
- The Cat Returns (2005). This anime film has a very original original cat story.
- Cats and Dogs (2001). In this movie, starring Jeff Goldblum and Elizabeth Perkins, cats and dogs fight over world domination.
- The Truth about Cats and Dogs (1996). Janeane Garofalo, Uma Thurman and Ben Chaplin star in this romantic comedy. Even though cats don’t have much “movie time”, you will still enjoy it.
- Homewardbound: The Incredible Journey (1993). A Disney’s remake of The Incredible Journey (1963), this film chronicles the journey of three pets (two dogs and a cat) as they try to find their way back home.
- Milo and Otis (1989). This fun movie follows the adventures of Milo (a cat) and his friend Otis (a dog).
Needless to say, a cat movie makes a great gift for cat lovers.
Cat movies for humans and for cats
Funny cat clips
More funny videos of cats
Leave Cats in Movies and return to Cat Videos
Return to the Home Page of Cat Lovers Gifts Guide
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.