Pet tags help protect and identify your beloved pet, especially if he or she ever gets lost. Fortunately, you can find reflective cat tags, waterproof cat tags, stainless steel tags, and more. Find the right pet tag or cat id tag for your cat!
Since I never allow my cats outdoors I thought that my cats didn’t need an pet ID tag, until one of my cats got lost. Fortunately, we found him quickly. This incident helped me realize the importance of having a cat tag to help identify your cat in the event he gets lost.
Most pet stores allow you to engrave important information on the tag. For example, you can have your pet’s name and owner’s contact information (including address and telephone number) engraved on the cat tag. If your cat has a special medical condition, include this information on the cat ID tag. A tag with your cat’s medical information might save his life.
Needless to say, cat ID tags make great and inexpensive presents for yourself and any pet lover in your life.
Finding the right cat tag
Before you buy pet ID tags for your cat, consider the following:
Cat Pins: Find Gift Ideas Here
Information on cat leashes and leash-training
Cat Necklaces for Cat Lovers and Cats
Leave Pet Tags and Return To Cat Jewelry
Return to the home page of Cat Lovers Gifts Guide
- Cat tags come in different materials: brass, stainless steel, aluminum and plastic. Brass tags are the most durable pet tags and are recommended for active cats. These are also great for outdoor cats. Stainless steel and aluminum tags are fairly strong and durable while plastic tags are the least durable.
- Cat tags also come in different shapes: hearts, circles, squares, bones, hydrants, stars, medals, cat faces, and dog faces. Make it fun! Choose a unique tag for your kitty.
- Cat ID tags come in small, medium, and large sizes.
- For extra protection, you can get reflective tags. This type of tag allows your pet to be seen at night by reflecting light. This is a great idea, especially if you have an outdoor cat or allow your pets outside during the night.
- For extra durability, get a waterproof pet tag. Some tags come with adhesive water-resistant covers. This type of tag is an excellent choice for outdoor cats!
- Flashing tags: These types of tags are equipped with motion and light sensors. The tag’s lights turn on at night but only when your pet is moving. Some of these tags do require batteries.
- Personalize it! Have your kitty's name engraved on the tag in addition to your contact information.